Emergency RoomErrors in Ohio
When you enter an emergency room, there is a basic expectation that the work there will significantly improve your health. Unfortunately, this not always the case, and every year thousands of people die because of errors in the ER. Mistakes amid the confusion of an emergency room are sadly all too common. These mistakes can have serious, potentially even fatal, implications. If you or a loved one were significantly harmed because of negligence in the emergency room, it is important to know that you have rights.
At The Moore Law Firm, our experienced Cincinnati medical malpractice attorney advocates tirelessly for the interests of those harmed in the ER. We have over 50 years of experience fighting on behalf of injury victims, and we have successfully recovered millions in verdicts and settlements. We are focused on providing the legal guidance you need during this difficult time. Our firm proudly provides contingency based representation in all cases. We are always willing to litigate a case.
When Can You Sue the ER?
Just as with any other malpractice case, in order to win a claim against an emergency room, you must be able to prove the following:
- The there was a doctor-patient relationship between the patient and the responsible party
- The doctor or medical staff was negligent in their treatment or advice given to the patient
- The patient experienced injury or harm as a result of that negligence
What Are Some Common EmergencyRoom Errors?
Because emergency rooms treat so many different types of injuries and illnesses, there are a variety of different types of errors that can occur when a doctor or nursing staff is negligent:
- Providing improper medication
- Administering medication that the patient is allergic to
- Misdiagnosis, or failure to diagnose (read more about Misdiagnosis here)
- Delayed treatment of a serious injury
- Discharging a patient too early
- Failing to provide proper care instructions for patients prior to them being discharged
- Failing to perform a surgery or procedure properly
So what if you have experienced an ER error? What should your next step be?
The Role of an Emergency RoomError Attorney
Our firm believes that medical professionals and hospitals should be held accountable for their negligence. We work tirelessly in our pursuit of a favorable outcome in your case, and we are never afraid to invest the necessary time and resources. Through compassionate counsel and aggressive legal representation, The Moore Law Firm's team of Cincinnati medical malpractice lawyers has helped countless injury victims.
Hire The Moore Law Firm to Represent You!
Over the years, we have collected numerous accolades for our work, including:
- Selected for inclusion in the 2010 to 2014 Editions of Top 50 Cincinnati Super Lawyers® and 2013 Edition of Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum® Membership
- 10.0 Avvo Superb Ratings
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® recognition
Call us at (513) 494-6941 today or contact us online to receive an initial consultation.
If you have been injured or have lost a loved one as a result of another person's negligence, you deserve to be fully compensated for your losses. The simple fact is that you should not be forced to pay the price for another person's careless or reckless actions.
The legal system gives you the right to seek justice for these wrongs — take advantage of your rights. The most effective step you can take to secure your right to fair compensation for your losses is to hire a Cincinnati personal injury attorney to advocate on your behalf and represent your case to the insurance company.
I have always felt Mr. Moore was looking out for the advancement and protecting the interest of both myself and my wife.—Herbert Moyer
Dan Moore is honest and super in his field and I would not hesitate to use him again. He will work for you!—Avvo User
He went above and beyond for my son, even getting him more money after the settlement was done.—B.B.
My family and I were impressed with the way everyone at the Moore law firm was so professional and genuinely kind and caring at the same time.—A.P.
I would highly recommend inquiring how he and his firm can assist anyone in their time of need.—Avvo User