The birth of a child is one of life’s most precious moments; however, discovering that something went wrong during the birthing process can be devastating for any parent. Out of 1,000 births in a year, seven of them result in a birth injury in the United States. Sometimes birth injuries are only temporary with mild symptoms, while other occasions they are permanent with severe side effects.
If your child has suffered a birth injury due to the negligence of a medical professional, we want to help. At The Moore Law Firm, our birth injury attorneys can help guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights in order to help you obtain the compensation your family deserves.
Want to learn more about your options? Contact our birth injury lawyers in Cincinnati today to schedule a free consultation.
Types of BirthInjuries
The most common birth injuries which occur in Ohio include the following:
- Brain-related injuries
- Muscle-related injuries
- Delivery-related injuries
- Brachial Plexus
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb’s Palsy
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN)
- Shoulder Dystocia
If a healthcare provider’s negligence causes life-long injuries, or even death, to your newborn child, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the damages inflicted upon you and your family. With over 50 years of combined experience under our belts, the attorneys at The Moore Law Firm possess the comprehensive legal knowledge to aggressively represent you in court. If you feel you have a birth injury lawsuit, call us at 513-232-2000 or contact us for a free consultation.
What Causes BirthInjuries?
Pregnancy requires proper management, constantly and accurately monitoring the baby from the initial sonograms to the time of birth. Health providers, such as doctors, nurses, and medical staff, have a legal obligation to adhere to the medical standards of child care. Any sort of deviation from these standards can calamitous consequences.
The most common causes of birth injuries include:
- Delayed birth – Considered one of the leading birth injury causes, labors lasting over 18 hours can create complications when the compression on the brain becomes too much to endure. A baby may display symptoms of fetal distress, elevating the baby’s blood pressure in the process.
- Oxygen deprivation – Some of the most severe birth injuries are due to oxygen deprivation. It can be caused by a prolapsed umbilical cord or underdeveloped lungs, these type of injuries can range from mild to severe.
- Medical malpractice – Health care providers should thoroughly understand the complexities of prenatal, intrapartum, and peripartum care. However, blatant negligence, misconduct, and inexperience during critical situations can result in birthing injuries.
Seek the Compensation and Justice You Deserve
Even though medical professionals are capable of curing illnesses and saving lives, they can also make mistakes. When a mistake does occur, doctors and hospitals possess medical malpractice insurance to protect themselves, along with the people they hurt. Our Cincinnati birth injury attorneys are dedicated to thoroughly investigating your case in order to determine if there was any evidence of medical malpractice.
Please contact a childbirth injury lawyer today and schedule an initial consultation.
Helpful Birth Injury Resources
Since 1932, The Moore Law Firm has held a tradition of excellence when it comes to aiding those who have suffered due to negligence. It is our goal to provide you with as many resources as possible relating to birth injuries in Cincinnati. We have compiled various pieces of helpful information below to help you understand more about your situation and how to move forward.
- What Is the Statute of Limitations for Birth Injury Cases?
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn: Key Signs
- Steps to Filing a Birth Defect Lawsuit
- Birth Injury Lawsuits: What They Are and How They Work
- Pre & Post-Birth Medical Malpractice
- Common Birth Injuries Every Mother Should Know
- Treatment Options for Birth Injuries
Birth Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured or have lost a loved one as a result of another person's negligence, you deserve to be fully compensated for your losses. Whether you were hurt in a truck accident or auto accident, have suffered injuries as a result of a medical malpractice incident or were a victim of corporate negligence — the simple fact is that you should not be forced to pay the price for another person's careless or reckless actions.
The legal system gives you the right to seek justice for these wrongs — take advantage of your rights. The most effective step you can take to secure your right to fair compensation for your losses is to hire a Cincinnati personal injury attorney to advocate on your behalf and represent your case to the insurance company.
Dan Moore is honest and super in his field and I would not hesitate to use him again. He will work for you!—Avvo User
He went above and beyond for my son, even getting him more money after the settlement was done.—B.B.
My family and I were impressed with the way everyone at the Moore law firm was so professional and genuinely kind and caring at the same time.—A.P.
I would highly recommend inquiring how he and his firm can assist anyone in their time of need.—Avvo User
I have always felt Mr. Moore was looking out for the advancement and protecting the interest of both myself and my wife.—Herbert Moyer