In some personal injury cases, a corporation may ultimately be liable for the injuries involved. The Moore Law Firm has been providing experienced representation in corporate negligence cases from our dedicated attorneys for over three decades. Compassionate Cincinnati accident lawyers Donald C. Moore, Jr. and Daniel N. Moore are here to provide the assistance you need to get just compensation for a corporation's wrongful acts.
We understand how difficult this time can be, especially when it feels like you are taking on a corporation all by yourself. For this reason, we encourage you to contact our firm as soon as possible. With our legal expertise, we know how to successfully navigate corporation negligence matters.
Our firm handles cases involving the following:
- Corporate Liability for Employee Automobile Accidents: Companies are responsible for the acts of their employees. Whether an employee is merely running an errand for his employer or driving a tractor-trailer rig, the corporation is responsible for the accidents caused by that employee. Careful investigation is necessary to determine whether the accident was due to corporate policies, lack of maintenance, supervision training or employee screening.
- Employee Misbehavior and Corporate Negligence: Another common corporate liability scenario involves certain types of wrongful employee behavior, such as alcohol or drug abuse. A corporation with a random drug screening policy who fails to conduct drug screens of its employees or who is aware of employee drug usage and fails to remedy the situation may be liable for any injuries that occur due to the employee's wrongful actions.
- Corporate Negligence for Failure to Maintain: Various federal and state laws require that corporations adhere to safety and maintenance standards for vehicles, equipment and premises. If a corporation's failure to maintain these standards causes someone injury, the corporation may responsible for the individuals resulting financial needs.
- Corporate Products Liability Cases: Another common type of corporate negligence / liability occurs when a corporation designs, develops, manufactures or distributes a product that later proves to be defective. For instance, a corporation who manufactures an infant car seat that injures a child during a car accident may be liable for the child's injuries. The corporation that distributed that defective infant car seat may also be liable.
- Intentional Torts and Corporate Liability: Under many states' laws, an employee's sole remedy for work-related injuries is to seek worker's compensation benefits. In the state of Ohio, however, there is an exception to this rule for intentional torts committed by an employer. Under Ohio law, an employee who suffers injury in the course of his employment has some recourse against their employer in certain circumstances. If an employer takes intentional action to injure an employee or has the belief that an injury is likely to occur, then the employer may be liable for the employee's injuries outside workers' compensation.
Retain Experienced Representation
As is the case with most personal injury actions, the law establishes deadlines to follow for filing claims for corporate negligence. Our experienced Cincinnati personal injury attorneys at The Moore Law Firm stand ready to assist you with your claim. We serve clients in Cincinnati, Southern Ohio and Northern Kentucky. Consult with The Moore Law Firm today and explore whether you are entitled to compensation for a corporation's wrongful acts.
Our Cincinnati lawyers offer initial consultations and compassionate legal support.
If you have been injured or have lost a loved one as a result of another person's negligence, you deserve to be fully compensated for your losses. Whether you were hurt in a truck accident or auto accident, have suffered injuries as a result of a medical malpractice incident or were a victim of corporate negligence — the simple fact is that you should not be forced to pay the price for another person's careless or reckless actions.
The legal system gives you the right to seek justice for these wrongs — take advantage of your rights. The most effective step you can take to secure your right to fair compensation for your losses is to hire a Cincinnati personal injury attorney to advocate on your behalf and represent your case to the insurance company.
My family and I were impressed with the way everyone at the Moore law firm was so professional and genuinely kind and caring at the same time.—A.P.
I would highly recommend inquiring how he and his firm can assist anyone in their time of need.—Avvo User
He went above and beyond for my son, even getting him more money after the settlement was done.—B.B.
Dan Moore is honest and super in his field and I would not hesitate to use him again. He will work for you!—Avvo User
I have always felt Mr. Moore was looking out for the advancement and protecting the interest of both myself and my wife.—Herbert Moyer