Derek is a lifelong resident of the greater Cincinnati area. He graduated from The Ohio State University and went on to obtain his law degree from The University of Cincinnati College of Law.
Since the start of his career, he has had a passion for helping people. Derek spent a decade in public service as a public defender where he gained significant trial experience. On a daily basis, Derek was in the courtroom where he tried hundreds of cases from misdemeanors to the most serious felonies. Many of which resulting in not guilty verdicts where no plea bargain was offered by the prosecutor. Due to the successes he had in the courtroom, Derek was quickly tasked with the responsibility of training trial attorneys, which he did for most of his career as a public defender.
Derek’s skills in the courtroom and passion for helping people led him to private practice where he devotes 100% of his time representing clients who have been seriously injured or who have experienced the death of a loved one as a result of others’ negligence and wrongful acts.
Derek enjoys spending time with his wife and 2 daughters. Their favorite activities include camping, boating, and traveling.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law
- The Ohio State University
- Western Brown High School
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Clermont County Bar Association